Finally, the long anticipated EcoTech GM-12 cylindrical grinder arrived at Dynasil Fused Silica (DFS). The tried and proven method of edge grinding fused silica using the EcoTech GM-8 had served DFS well. However, to better serve the increasing demand from its customers for large-format synthetic fused silica edge grinding, DFS invested in an EcoTech GM-12 cylindrical grinder to create finished diameters of fused silica parts up to 457 mm, and hold tolerance to 0.05mm.
The new EcoTech GM-12 grinder enables DFS to create finished diameters within 0.05mm for fused silica larger than 8 inches. This was a year long collaboration with the OEM which resulted in modifying what is normally a 12-inch diameter maximum rated machine to expand its reach up to 18 inches.
Dynasil Fused Silica is excited to have this new piece of equipment and capability in-house. With two EcoTech cylindrical grinders, along with industry-leading and expert operators, the EcoTech GM-8 and GM-12 grinders will work in tandem to increase both capability and output at DFS.
Authorized Distributor of Corning Fused Silica
- HPFS® 7980
- HPFS® KrF Excimer Grades
- HPFS® ArF Excimer Grades
- HPFS® 7979 IR Grade
- ULE® 7972
- ULE® 7973
- HPFS® 8655 Grade
- TSG Titania Silicate
- HPFS® Industrial Grade Synthetic Fused Silica
Fused Silica Finishing Capabilities
- Core Drilling – From 0.190 +/- 0.005 inches diameter to 15.125 +/- 0.040 inches diameter
- Cylindrical (centerless) grinding – Up to 4 inches diameter by 12 inches in length
- Diamond edging – Up to 24 inches diameter by 3.75 inches thick
- Diamond sawing – Up to 39 inches by 36 inches
- Measured beveled edges – Up to 9 inches diameter with bevels from .01 – .06 inches
- Surface Grinding – Up to 33 inches diameter (or diagonal) by 5 inches thick, larger sizes upon request